Yes, that's right. Today everyone's cage/tank/habitat gets cleaned. New bedding. New water. Whatever is needed. We'll also head to our local pet shop lady for some crickets later today.
Here's some of what needs to be done:
- Chinchilla - wash fleece blanket floor of cage, exchange out food and water, clean litter tray where he urinates, sweep up the poop from the cage and floor, wash hammock, wipe down ledges
- Hedgehog - change bedding and water in playpen (plywood box) and cage, wash dishes from cage and playpen, wash bed from cage, wipe down cage and toys
- Toads and lizards - rinse out water dishes and add water, change bedding, wash off plants and/or driftwood
- Cat - litter box, wash out food dish, wash bed
- Dogs - wash food dishes, wash beds
- Fish - add water or do water exchange if needed
Of course there is also a lot of sweeping and vacuuming, too. It takes a while, but it keeps the animals healthy.